Strategy Deployment: Also known as Hoshin Kanri, it is a methodology for capturing and translating the organization’s vision, goals and objectives into executable, actionable and measurable events appropriate to each level of the organization.
Wouldn’t it be….:
◊ nice to have a solid game plan, so that all improvement events and daily actions are taking your company in the right direction?
◊ better if all managers knew where the company was going so that they could support it properly?
◊ great to have metrics that effectively show you how to adjust course, for short and long term trends?
ISI’s Strategy Deployment session will lead the management team in developing a company vision and improvement plan that the entire team will have ownership in. ISI will help the team create a plan that can be measured, and improvements will be sequenced in a way that the gains made will build upon each other.
There are 5 steps:
1. Strategy Setting: Selecting a vital few goals, 5-7 usually.
2. Strategic Performance Measures: Determining KPI’s that can be affected locally and are meaningful to run the daily business toward the desired future state.
3. Strategy Deployment: Translating objectives into activities along the value stream (you must know your value streams) that will support the objectives along with how performance will be monitored.
4. Strategy Implementation: Plans, actions, time phases and responsibilities are laid out on a single sheet.
5. Strategy Evaluation: Routine review of targets, with updated actions to correct deficiencies.
The above process is conducted on an annual cycle.
A statement describing where you want your company to be in the long term
Milestones that are measurable and time-constrained along the path to the strategic goal.
Strategy Goal: To be the market leader in sales through superior quality services
Objective: Increase sales by 15% this year and 12% next year
To make it happen for your company, contact us for a no-obligation site visit to discuss your lean journey today.